1. To speak truth to power for the benefit of Nigerian youths who are leaders of today and tomorrow.
2. To talk the talk and provoke the thoughts of Nigerian youths through the application of constructive disobedience to bad leadership and governance in Nigeria.
3. To produce God-fearing, patriotic and nationalistic young leaders for the Nigeria of tomorrow as envisaged by our founding fathers namely Chief Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe, Alhaji Tafawa Balewa and Chief Obafemi Awolowo.
4. To consolidate the 5 pillars of NYID
-Professional and Leadership capacity development
-Youth empowerment and inclusion in governance
-Equity, Justice, and Unity
-Economic and Political development
-Undiluted patriotism with unity in diversity as our fulcrum
5. To ultimately empower Nigerian youths to achieve their maximum potential while making a positive impact on the society and to give back to the less privileged youths.